Meet Our Coaches
Tommy Millmore level 3
Ed Lown level 3
Gary Curtis level 3
Different training sessions are planned by each coach, and vary depending on age group. The senior group may have a hill session one day, followed by a parlauf or some speed work in the following session. Other variations are relays, handicaps, pylon/lamppost sessions, and strides, with a variety of strength, speed and endurance training incorporated within the sessions.
Below are a series of links to the Good Run Guide which has been used to plot training routes from and around Lord Lawson. These routes often incorporate sessions which can be either strength, speed or endurance depending on the route or training requirements.
- Winter 1 mile Time Trial – a time trial to measure performance.
- 3 mile loop from Lord Lawson – great warm up route before a session on the grass.
- 6.5 miles Lord Lawson/Durham Road/Chow Dean Bank/LowFell/Lord Lawson – endurance.
- 3 mile Loop around Hotels & back – can be used for speed work.
- 2 mile New Hill Loop – strength.
- 5.9 mile Sunday morning loop from Beamish – endurance.
- 9.28 miles Loop Lord Lawson/Chester le St/Waldridge – endurance.
- 6.5 miles Vigo Loop – endurance