Birtley AC have traditionally supported this event, with lots of both our junior and senior athletes taking part in recent years. It's an affordable, local race and well worth an entry - give it a go! The 10k race will Incorporate the 2021 North Eastern Counties Athletics Association and the North East Masters Athletics Association Men’s and Women’s 10K Road Racing Championships.
Timetable of events:
9.30am Mini Minor’ Under 11 boys/girls (minimum age 9 on 14/11/21) – Approx 1km £4.00
9.45am JUNIOR RACE: Under 13 boys/girls (aged 11 & 12 on 31/08/21) – 3km £4.00
10.00am JUNIOR RACE: Under 15 boys/girls (aged 13 & 14 on 31/08/21) – 3km £4.00
10.15am JUNIOR RACE: Under 17 men/women & Under 20 men/women – 5km £4.00
(u17 aged 15 & 16 on 31/08/21. u20 aged 17, 18 & 19 on 31/08/21)
A full timetable can be found here:- memorial-road-races-timetable-2021
ALL JUNIOR RACES WILL BE CHIP TIMED!
11.00am MAIN RACE: Senior/veteran men/women (chip timed) – 10km £12.50 attached / £14.50 unattached
entry fees are +£3 if you enter on the day (if race is not full)
Postal entry form can be downloaded here (for online entry use button above)
Route Map for 3K & 1K Race:- Click Here
Route Map for 10K Race:- Click Here
Race Terms & Conditions:- heaton-memorial-road-races-2021-terms-and-conditions
Course Records can be found here
For all enquiries please email email@example.com
As always, Birtley AC will be providing free championship entries, but the following provisos apply:-
Entries for this event are available using the blue button below- please read entry conditions carefully before submitting payment. All athletes will be listed on the page linked on the yellow button, where the final team selection will be displayed after closing. Members will be informed after the closing date if they have been selected (either by their coach or by email/text/FB), and any refunds to athletes who have not been selected will be made shortly afterwards.
The number of teams that will be entered is dependent upon the number of athletes who pay for an entry, and if they are willing to run as an incomplete team or not.
1. Clubs can nominate 12 names per Senior Men’s team and 9 for all other teams entered. i.e. Max of 36 names for 3 Teams entered in Senior Men and 27 for 3 Teams entered in all other age groups
2. Entries must all be done online.
3. The entry fee is £40 for senior men's relay (x4) and £30 for all other relays (x3)
4. UKA first claim and age group rules apply.
5. Athletes will be allowed to change their first claim club after the closing date for entries on condition that :- i) He / She has been entered by the closing date for entries by their former first claim Club. ii) England Athletics have approved the change of first claim club. iii) The request to change the first claim club, and confirmation by England Athletics, has been received by the Championship Secretary by 12.00 on the Friday, two weeks and one day before the date of competition (ie 22nd October).
6. Clubs may enter Foreign Athletes BUT ALL must be Bona Fide and Permanent Residents in the UK and Registered as Foreign Athletes with UKA by January 1st 2021
7. University/Higher Education teams may enter but can only include 1st Claim members of open clubs that are NOT entering teams in an age group themselves, University/Higher Education teams will NOT be eligible for any awards.
8. Clubs are required to complete and sign a declaration form on the day from names on the entry list via the online system.
9. Race information will be sent by email after the closing date.
10. Only names entered can compete, no substitutions are allowed, all athletes MUST be registered with England Athletics.